Have you been wondering how to increase your reach and catch people’s attention on social media? Video is the answer!
If you’re reading this you might have already dabbled in video. Maybe you created a couple fun video posts for social media to mix up your content. But did you know video is one of the most effective vehicles for delivering content to your audience?
In fact, according to Facebook Business News people are watching 100 million hours of video each day on Facebook alone. Other social media platforms are also seeing huge increases in video consumption. On Instagram the time people spent watching video increased by more than 40 percent over six months in 2016.
The great thing about video is that, if done correctly, there is value to even a partial video view. According to Facebook and Nielsen research, every part of a video view from the initial impression to a complete video view drives value. This is because even viewers who don’t stop to watch the full video end up reporting higher brand recognition.
Now is the time to get with the trend and add video to your social media strategy because by 2020 it’s estimated that video will account for 75% of mobile data traffic. To help you get a head start we’ve put together a list of best practices for getting your videos noticed on social media:
● Put the Good Stuff Up Front: Facebook and Nielsen found that up to 47% of the value in a video campaign was delivered in the first three seconds, and up to 74% of the value was delivered in the first ten. So the stuff you want people to remember should be right in the beginning.
● Keep it Short & Sweet: People are often consuming content on the go so the shorter the better.
● Make it Pop: Including bright colors, especially in the first couple seconds, will catch people’s attention when scrolling through a social media feed.
● Feature A Call To Action: What’s the goal of your video? It’s always important to include a clear CTA. Give the users somewhere to go or something to do at the end of the video to help motivate them to take action.
● Include Your Branding: If you create an awesome video it’s likely your followers will share it with their audience. Including your logo and branding in the video helps ensure people know where the video came from.
Interested in learning more on how to create engaging video content? Check out these articles for more tips!